1. Send change of address to: Post Office, Charge Accounts, and Credit Card Accounts, Friends & Relatives, and
Subscriptions. Remember that your notice requires several weeks for magazines.
2. Notify your bank. Transfer funds, arrange check cashing in new city.
3. Insurance: Notify new location for insurance coverage (life, health, fire, auto, homeowner's.)
4. Automobile: Transfer car title, car registration, car tags, driver's license, state windshield sticker, and motor club
5. Utilities: Gas, light, cable TV, water, telephone get refund of any deposits made. Arrange for immediate service in
new town. Arrange final reading and change of name for billing.
6. Delivery People: Cancel laundry, newspaper and milk.
7. School: Ask for copies or transfer of children's records. Ask For:Medical records of family and pets.
8. Drug and Eye Contact or Glasses Prescriptions to be transferred. Doctor and Pharmacist recommendations.
9. Letters of Introduction to transfer memberships.
10. Pet requirements in new city.
11. Empty freezer; plan use of foods. Defrost freezer-refrigerator. (Place charcoal to dispel odors.)
12. Have appliances serviced for moving.
13. Clean rugs or clothing, before moving; have them "moving-wrapped."
14. Check with your moving counselor: insurance coverage, packing and unpacking labor, arrival day, various
shipping papers, method and time of expected payment.
15. Plan for special care needs of infants.
16. Plan garage sale.
17. On your moving day: Carry currency, jewelry, documents yourself; or use registered mail.
18. Plan for transporting pets. (They are poor traveling companions if unhappy.) Make sure you can be found if they
19. Carry traveler's checks for quick available funds. Tell close friends or relatives your route and schedule
(including overnight stops). Use them as "message headquarters."
20. Double check closets, drawers, and shelves (to be sure they are empty).
21. Arrange to leave keys with new tenant, owner or agent.
Are you ready for the AgorillaREALTOR experience? Remember: "It's a jungle out there; why monkey around when
you can hire Agorilla" Let's get started!
|Moving Checklist - Seller Tips
|Hawaii Homes for Sale - Hawaii Real Estate
Click here to search over 6,000 Hawaii Real Estate for Sale
|Nakamoto Realty, LLC., 808-688-9878, Website designed and powered by AGORILLA BRAND 2006 - A locally owned and operated site.
Copyright 2006 Dom Ruiz Agorilla (RA), AHS, AHWD, CSR, e-PRO, GRI, RECS, SRES; Aloha Aina REALTOR Award Nominee.
Information herein deemed reliable but not guaranteed. We are not affiliated with Internet sites not listed in the
AgorillaBRAND Directory; therefore, AgorillaBRAND is not responsible for the contents of these external
Internet sites. Any unauthorized copying is prohibited. All Rights Reserved.